Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy "Spring First!" and decorated Chocolate Chip Cookies!!



Happy Spring First everyone!! (Ok I am 1 day late, but who's counting right, Spring is officially here!) Of all the seasons, I think spring is my favorite (and fall, and winter...er...). But seriously - I love spring :) and I'm back. I have recovered from the temporary St. Patrick's insanity...I don't really know what happened, I just felt it necessary to MAKE something green and blog about it, you know...because can there really ever BE too many green baked goods blogged about for a holiday? lol my mother-in-law actually told me that she really liked the mint chocolate chip cookies, but that she had to close her eyes to eat them so she wouldn't barf because they were green...yeah. I'm not sure what to do with that one. So...I'll just leave it at that.

In other news, here's the recipe I tried today! I have been wanting to make these cookies after reading about them on SweetSugarBelle's blog, and Cookie Crazie, and a few others. So, here they are! I followed the recipe and also Sugarbelle's tip and only used 2 cups of flour. The dough is perfect - my kiddos loved the chocolate chips, and while they were great by themselves, I decided the whole point of rolling and cutting them out was to decorate them, right? So, I did that too...I used a basic glaze icing, so they're not as perfect and gorgeous as they would be in royal, but they sure were yummy!

Sugarbakers’ Chocolate Mini-Chip Cookies

1 c unsalted butter
⅓c granulated sugar
½ c light-brown sugar
1 large egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 ½ c all-purpose flour {I think they got a little overzealous with the flour...try 2 cups first, and work your way up}
½ tsp salt
1 ½ c semi-sweet mini-chocolate chips



PREHEAT YOUR OVEN TO 350°
Cream together the butter and sugars. To that add the vanilla and egg yolk. Sift together the flour and salt, and add it one cup at a time until completely incorporated. Then, fold in the chocolate chips.



Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least thirty minutes (don't overchill, I actually had to let mine come back to room temp. b/c I overchilled and could not roll). When it is chilled, roll dough in between parchment, cut out desired shapes, and bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.



Linked up to:


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your spring cookies; who cares if they're slightly late! I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to make these too! They turned out cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sue and Briarrose, they were really yummy!

    ReplyDelete