Source: Big Mama's Home Kitchen
1 C flour
1 tsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C unsalted butter, melted (I used regular salted butter)
1 tsp vanilla
1 C Old Fashioned Oats
1 C vegetable shortening
1 C + 4 tbsp powdered sugar
3 tsp vanilla
7.5 oz jar marshmallow cream
Make the cookies.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. *Don't skip this step! The cookies will need to cool on the baking sheet and you don't want them to stick!
2. Combine all the dry ingredients except oats in a bowl and set aside.
3. In a mixer, cream the brown sugar, melted butter, egg and vanilla.
4. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in the oats.
5. Using a tablespoon size scoop, place evenly size dough balls on parchment paper. Allow room for the cookies to spread.
6. Bake for 7-9 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet.
While the cookies cool, make the cream filling.
1. In a large stand mixer, cream the shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
2. Add the marshmallow cream and mix until well combined.
3. Place cream mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large tip...a few notes: as a general rule I don't fill the piping bag more than half way (if the bag is too full icing will ooze out the opposite end as you squeeze the bag). Also, if you don't have piping bags, you can use a ziplock bag, fill with icing, twist the top then snip off a corner, or just skip the piping altogether and use an icecream scoop for the cream filling.
Fill the cookies.
1. Turn half of the cookies over. On the inside of the cookie, pipe the cream filling starting on the outside edge, and pipe in a circular pattern until you reach the middle.
2. Place another cookie on top and press slightly.
3. Repeat for all cookies.
I used a regular sized cookie scoop for these and it made 14 Oatmeal Cream Pies, and I have enough cream leftover to fill another batch (ran out of oatmeal, so I am freezing that for another day)!
Linked up to Sweets for a Saturday!