Sunday, February 6, 2011
Cinnamon Roll Cake
So, the "winter storm of the century" turned out to be a bust...atleast in my area of Texas. No snow or sleet, although there was ice on the roads and vehicles. I wanted to make something cozy and comfort-y since the kiddos were a little stir crazy. I found this yummy recipe by Ingrid of 3bs which she guest posted on another blog.
Cinnamon Roll Cake:
(click link for full recipe)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan.
2. Mix cake ingredients by hand and pour in greased baking pan (I dared fate and used my mixer anyway)...
3. Mix the filling ingredients and sprinkle over cake batter. (It should cover the top of the batter.)
4. Swirl the “filling” into batter with knife. (I used a figure 8 motion and cut the filling deep into the batter.)
5. Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake cool 10 – 15 minutes before icing. Mix icing ingredients together by hand and pour over warm cake.
PS - I linked this post to a fun bloggy party called "Sweets for a Saturday (#3)" - stop by her blog and check out some of the amazing goodies other bloggers have baked this week!