Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Forgotten Cookies?

Today I am making a recipe blindly...and by that I mean that I have never tasted this recipe or even seen the results, it was passed on to me by my Mother-in-law a few years back when she was cleaning out her recipes (someone had made them at a party she had been to). I had to wonder if a recipe she cleaned out of her recipe box was worth the effort, but curiosity got the best of me (and the leftover eggwhites from the lemon icebox pie). I have to say I was pleased with the results.
These are called Forgotten Cookies, but really they're more like a candy to me, definitely in the divinity family, and very easy and yummy!
Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350.
Beat 2 egg whites with 2/3 cup granulated sugar on high speed until stiff peaks form (about 10 minutes).
Stir in 1 cup mini chocolate chips and 1 cup pecans.

Drop by spoonful onto foil covered cookie sheet.

Place in the oven, turn oven OFF. Set timer for 2 hours.
These come out slightly crunchy on the outside but light and airy on the inside - the chocolate and pecans totally make this "cookie." This recipe made 30 cookies for me using a medium sized scoop - don't ask how many are left...I had to test them, you know - quality control.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks! I totally needed a good EASY recipe that uses up my leftover eggwhites! I often will pass up recipes that only use yokes because I didn't want to add to my eggwhite collection.

    btw, thanks for visiting my blog and commenting! Good luck in the giveaway!
    ~ingrid
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ingrid,

    I know, I was excited to try this recipe just because it gave me something different to do with eggwhites!

    Love your blog (I've been reading it for several weeks now) you have alot of great recipes that I can't wait to try! Thanks so much for checking out mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool cookies!
    I have never seen nything quite like these!
    Very cute site :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, cookies and cups - I love ur blog!

    ReplyDelete