Saturday, January 9, 2010

Why I'm here...

Hi there! Welcome to my first blog entry! Please bare with me as I learn the ropes! Here's alittle about myself and my hopes for this blog:

I adore all things sweet - cookies, cakes, pastries, candies...and I love the satisfaction that comes from making something myself vs. buying premade boxes. I love finding recipes and tweaking them to my taste, and I am so OCD that I have to find the "best of" whatever food I may be trying to master...so I don't want to just make a "good" chocolate chip cookie, I want to make "the best chocolate chip cookie ever!" But as a busy mommy and wife I rarely have time for "fun baking" (that is baking for pleasure) - most of my baking revolves around orders from customers or requests for specific items at family gatherings, and sometimes they don't come often enough.

Baking withdrawls make me stir crazy and I can't function until my baking mission is complete ;) So, my goal for this blog is to commit me to baking a few times a week. I will find and test two or three (or more if life allows) new recipes a week and blog about them here. (I'll also post tutorials and how-to's once I figure out how).

Please join me on my quest to find the best recipes and satisfy my sweet tooth and stir craziness! If you have a great recipe that you'd like to share, or would like a recipe or how-to for something specific, please e-mail me or post it in the comments section and I will try to put it on my "To Do" List.

Happy Baking!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment