Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie


Hi there, remember me?  I am the girl who started a blog with yummy recipes and pictures and then got busy and abandoned said blog for months at a time.  Not entirely though, I am always lurking around here (that's not creepy, right?), sometimes making subtle changes like adding a bar at the top, changing the background, or just watching the numbers roll...and I must say that I am amazed at how they have rolled, even in the absence of new posts (ha - new posts, what's that?).  Like from about 2,000 views to 12,000 + views, and counting, since my last blog post, back in June...

 Do you know what post is making the numbers roll the very most?  (answer yes because I'm going to tell you anyway)...it's this one - "How to Make an Ice Cream Cake."  I'm not really sure why.  Is there an astoundingly small number of "How to's" for icecream cakes available?  Or is it just the fact that it is a "How-to" post in general?  I suspect maybe a little of both...so now that I have ripped the band-aid off and am officially blogging again - I plan on doing how-to's more often.  Like maybe twice a year this time.  Just kidding.  More often than that.  Also I feel like this is a good time to let you know that my "h" key is sticking...no doubt a victim of the Dr.Pepper spill... So if you see "wit" or "tat" just know that I missed that one in my editing and try to forgive me (sheesh people I just got back, cut me some slack!  You can overlook a few missing h's, can't you?). 

Anyways, sorry for rambling and on to the recipe (can you tell I need adult conversation?)...
A few weeks ago I found myself in dire need of something sweet and chocolatey, and all I could think about was this heavenly chocolate thing the Pampered Chef Consultant had made at a party I hosted once.  I e-mailed Lisa and she was prompt to send me the recipe, so today I pass it on to you:


MOLTEN CHOCOLATE SKILLET BROWNIE
source: Season's Best Fall/Winter 2005
Ingredients:
1 pkg. brownie mix (19-21oz.) (I lived dangerously and used one that was only 18 oz...we survived, it was fine)

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

2 cups water

1 jar (12 ounces) chocolate fudge ice-cream topping

1 tsp. vanilla

1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350  Lightly spray bottom of Family (12-in.) Skillet with nonstick cooking spray.

Make brownies according to box directions for CAKE like brownies, pour into a 12 inch skillet  (or 12 inch cake pan).



 Sprinkle choc. chips over batter (I was lazy here and got a brownie mix that already had chocolate chips in the batter)...this is what I used...

 My fudge icecream topping jar was bigger than I needed, so I just measured out 12 ounces with my kitchen scale...

Combine water and ice cream topping in large microwave-safe bowl, whisk until well blended.
 Cuss a little cause you spilled some...


 Microwave, covered, on HIGH 5-6 minutes or until mixture comes to a full boil (I cover with a saucer and use a potholder as the bowl gets very hot!).

Whisk until blended; stir in vanilla. (Mixture will be thin.) Carefully pour ice cream topping mixture over brownie batter in a circular pattern. 
Bake un-covered 35-40 minutes (Will appear saucy, but will thicken as it cools).

Sprinkle with powdered sugar and almonds (eh I skipped this part).

Spoon out to serve...I don't think it's possible to serve this without icecream, the hot gooey chocolate is so perfect beside slightly melting BlueBell...Enjoy!!


Linked up to Sweets for a Saturday

 

Happy Baking!!
Julie

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I'm so thrilled to chance upon ur blog and thank u for sharing a bit of ur life and baking adventures! Keep posting!!! Love, ur fan from Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, so glad you found me! Thanks so much for your sweet words, I look forward to checking out your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    I just found your blog and I love your recipes!
    With your permission, I stay here, one more follower!

    Regards!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Fiorellina! So glad you found your way here, thanks for your sweet words, Julie

    ReplyDelete